Sign NOW up for the Summer Session by going here.
Be in a jazz band!
If you are 11-18 years old and are already playing music,
join us for an incredible musical experience
in the Long Beach, CA area.
The Jazz Angels was founded in 2007 by two professional musicians and teachers that recognized a need for a unique type of music education for young people. As they reflected on their own experiences and personal introductions to music, and considering the devastating decline of music education in schools, they developed a program to that gives wings to young musicians’ desires, and opportunities for today’s youth to experience and perpetuate America’s only original musical art form – jazz. On their own terms.
Still today, the purpose is to create an opportunity for young people to hear and learn about jazz, encourage them to play an instrument, and provide opportunities for them to perform. A unique component to The Jazz Angels methodology is to engage professional musicians as mentors who play alongside the participants, providing inspiration and instilling pride and discipline.
Jazz Angels Mission:
Our mission is to create an environment for playing and preserving jazz, and for empowering young musicians to develop self-confidence and self-esteem, as well as leadership, and group interaction skills.
Jazz Angels Vision: Our vision is to be the premier model for jazz preservation and team-focused personal growth of young musicians.
theJazzAngels - Is About:
- Inspiring young musicians today, preserving jazz for tomorrow.
- Improving the quality of life through Jazz Education, Performance, and Community Awareness
- REAL musicians educating children in the appreciation of America's true art form by giving them the tools, encouragement, and platform for live JAZZ performances with other children, accompanied by professional musicians
- We inspire young musicians to create music in group settings. The lessons learned during this process will stay with them throughout their lives
- Our young musicians come from Long Beach, and across the region in nearby Orange County, as well as from cities throughout Los Angeles County
For more info and any questions about our summer, winter, fall and spring programs contact: Barry Cogert, Director of Programs, (562) 981-8410, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jazz Angels is a non-profit public benefit corporation. Federal Tax Exempt ID number is: