Empowering Young Musicians and Preserving Jazz
Jazz Angels’ fall session enrollment is now open! Click the flyer to sign up today!
The Jazz Angels was founded in 2007 by two professional musicians and teachers that recognized a need for a unique type of music education for young people. As they reflected on their own experiences and personal introductions to music and considering the devastating decline of music education in schools, they developed a program to that gives wings to young musicians’ desires, and opportunities for today’s youth to experience and perpetuate America’s only original musical art form – jazz. On their own terms.
Still today, the purpose of this music nonprofit organization is to create an opportunity for young people to hear and learn about jazz, encourage them to play an instrument, and provide opportunities for them to perform. A unique component to The Jazz Angels methodology is to engage professional musicians as mentors who play alongside the participants, providing inspiration and instilling pride and discipline.
More Info Coming Soon
Jazz Angels Mission:
The Jazz Angels create an environment for young musicians to play and help preserve jazz, to build self-esteem, confidence and leadership skills, to promote community involvement, AND, to create/provide interactive online programming, activities and training to help lessen the stresses COVID-19 restrictions force on the young people we serve.
Jazz Angels Vision: Our vision is to be the premier model for jazz preservation and education.
theJazzAngels – Is About:
- Inspiring young musicians today, preserving jazz for tomorrow.
- Improving the quality of life through Jazz Education, Performance, and Community Awareness
- REAL musicians educating children in the appreciation of America’s true art form by giving them the tools, encouragement, and platform for live JAZZ performances with other children, accompanied by professional musicians
- We inspire young musicians to create music in group settings. The lessons learned during this process will stay with them throughout their lives
- Our young musicians come from Long Beach, and across the region in nearby Orange County, as well as from cities throughout Los Angeles County
For more info about our seasonal jazz music programs contact: Barry Cogert, Director of Programs, (562) 981-8410, firstname.lastname@example.org
This jazz music organization is much more than music lessons: it’s life-changing skills.
The Jazz Angels is a non-profit public benefit corporation. Federal Tax Exempt ID number is: